It is consecutive third year that Shamayita Math is implementing the project called Integrated Watershed Management Program (IWMP) in Bankura District. The project is implemented through two components; IWMP-12 (in Gangajalghati) and IWMP-13 (in Block Bankura-II). In current year it has worked with 6182 beneficiaries in 65 villages covering 8800 hectare.
- Conservation, development and sustainable management of natural resources including their use.
- Enhancement of agricultural productivity and production in a sustainable manner.
- Restoration of ecological balance in the degraded and fragile rain fed eco-systems.
- High water use efficiency.
- Livestock, fishery, other household production / development.
- Development / conversion of waste land.
- Reduction in regional disparity between irrigated and rain-fed areas.
- Creation of sustained employment opportunities for the rural community including the landless.